Thursday, March 02, 2006

Rule of thumb

Have you got the Jessica Lal SMS yet? The one that exhorts you to express your solidarity and register your protest at, I think, 6388 (NDTV)?As an apolitical, apathetic young Indian (31 is not too old, is it?), I quite like this medium of expression -- of angst, dissatisfaction, anger, all buried under layers of home loan documents, backpacking plans, credit card bills and plans for Saturday night.
There goes my text, marching towards Rashtrapati Bhavan, along with thousands of others. It's the one that's gonna beep the most. Will it make the prez order a relook into the case? I don't know. But it's convenient, innit? It doesn't disrupt the flow of my life, my work and my steady acquisition spree.
Countrymen and women, unite, you have nothing to lose but one buck.

No comments: