Friday, March 03, 2006

Instant Carma

Some seven years ago, when I was rotting column centimetre by column centimetre at the news desk of a business paper, Bijoy Kumar Y got me into his motoring magazine. All he asked me was whether I knew how to drive. So, I joined an automobile magazine knowing pathetically little about cars and also learnt, among other things, that the words strut and shaft lead double lives.
Many an inadvertent wheelspin and some heart-wrenching instances of scratched paintwork later, I managed to learn to write about cars, camouflaging my lack of knowledge with forced similies and indulgent prose. But the best part was I got to travel a fair bit, starting as I did a travel feature that lasted for over two and a half years.
Bijoy's a wonderful human being and the best boss I've worked under. He's also started blogging recently. His blog doesnt bore with you with yap about economic policy or the latest French art film he watched the other day. whichcarindia.blogspot.com is about cars and if you've been thinking of buying a vehicle and need some expert opinion, head right there.

No comments: